Monday, January 31, 2005

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Maybe this story rubs me the wrong way because I approve of paddling in schools. Sure, there’s a grey area when a student passes age 18 regarding who can give consent, the parents or the student.

But the claims about the paddling itself sound suspicious. Her complaint sounds like she wants us to believe she was forcibly held down and beaten. But reading between the lines, I see a different story. While she was getting her “three or four whacks” she stuck her hand in the way. The hand got hit, and she went to the hospital and her hand was put in a cast.

I say she learned two lessons. One, don’t be skipping school to get breakfast. (Here’s a pointer, buy your food before school starts, eh?) And two, don’t be putting your hands where they don’t belong.

It’s her own stupid fault for putting her hand back there. Trust me, I'm an expert on getting whippings. I’ve walked away from a whipping many times with hurt hands. You either take the pain on the butt, or you can try to deflect it which transfers the pain to your hand. But don’t whine after you make that decision!

The whole lawsuit is based on her being an adult. Well, age doesn’t mean maturity, because she’s obviously not adult enough to take responsibility for her own actions.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"because I approve of paddling in schools..."

Watch out this is a conservative attitude. Pretty soon you will be voting republican and moving to a red state.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home